Sunday, August 31, 2008

A bit of blog

Quick update. This isn't a funny update, so don't get your hopes up.

My writing hasn't gone as planned. There appears to be a critical period of productivity that must be correlated with caffeine. I've noticed that my first latte gives me a boost of energy, focused attention, and elevates my mood. I'm pretty sure that it makes me more attractive. My second latte makes me jittery, a bit paranoid, and I notice that my characters end up behaving very strangely. A-child-rescuing-adults-trapped-in-a-schoolbus kind of strange. Unfortunatley, I'm pretty sure it's not the kind of strange that elicits offers for the movie rights.

I wrote 3 pages and then decided to cut 4. At this rate, I will have unwritten my novel by the time we get back to the states.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Hang in there! I'm sure it takes some time to get to the truly yummy creative juices after you first squeeze the pineapple of creativity.

OMG that was terrible. TERRIBLE! At least your writing is better than mine....

I also have a screenplay idea about a vice-presidential nominee, a team of huskies, and World War III. Call my agent!