Thursday, January 28, 2016

Blogging etiquette (in honor of Alice)

As an interlude, it has come to my attention that a bit of education might be necessary about blogs.  By "come to my attention," I mean that moment when my mother-in-law said "You're going to send me an email every time you post a blog right?"

Um.  No.

The whole point of a blog is that is's a convenient way to put a lot of information out there in one fell swoop and then forget about it.  It's sort of on you if you want to see it.  As noted in my first post, I'm hoping to avoid focus, work, and awareness of my environment over the next three months.  Blogging and THEN sending an email constitutes all three.

And yet, it's my mother-in-law.

In an effort to solve this quandary, I reached out to my R&D team who discovered a revolutionary new tool called "follow by email."  It should be over there at the right.

Pretty basic stuff for a pretty basic blog. 


5 comments:

Walrusdodges said...

Dude, I was wondering if you could call or text when you post a blog . . .

Brian said...

It takes you three minutes to make a gin and tonic? You need to practice, sir!

Unknown said...

That little follow by email link WILL NOT be the end of this pain my friend

Unknown said...

Or post on LinkedIn?

Luke said...

haha dad ur not funny