Thursday, April 6, 2023

Saku-rah

I can see why people rave about sakura season.  The Japanese have a name for picnicking under the sakura tree (hanami).  From what I can discern, hanami consists of calling out sick,  grabbing a blanket and some take out, and laying in a park and staring at the sakura blossoms.  It is eerily similar to the Lewiston tradition (grillin and chillin with a Pabst Blue Ribbin) except that the sakura trees haven't been mangled by CMP and most people have their shirts on.  

We went to Heiwa park to enjoy the sakura.  I was just getting ready to really unplug when Tessa caused a disturbance.

"Dad!"  Tessa shrieked.  "Put your shirt back on NOW."

What they say is true.  When you're a father, you can never relax.


Rather than muddy the rest of the blog with a lot of "clever writing" (scarequotes by Lily), I'll just end with a few pics of sakura.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need to move back to Japan - I miss the sakura!